Monday, March 17, 2014

Coming to a Close

As the electronic resources challenge comes to an end, I would like to thank the wonderful ladies who put this challenge together! What a great way to get a chance to explore resources that I am now using on a regular basis! The biggest discovery I found throughout the challenge was the Learning Express Library where it offers the practice tests to determine the areas students are low in.  Here in WMS, we are working on low standards in Informational Text and the Learning Express Library offers a resource to see what areas we need to work harder on before we begin district testing here in a few weeks.

As for promoting the resources, I am already doing this.  My students are currently working on research papers and I had a large majority of students who found all of their resources from the state library (which they loved because almost all of them provide the citation for them)!  I have also discussed the resources with many of my colleagues, especially the Learning Express Library!

Again, thank you!

1 comment:

Fabric and Books said...

Thank you so much for your work on the Challenge! I'm so excited your students are using the resources and loving the citations!!

Thank you for the interesting posts and discoveries. I've looked forward to reading each week!

Julie